1. To enable each student to develop her full intellectual potential through a focused academic experience that is simultaneously rich, extensive and collaborative.
2. To offer students scope for critical thinking and discernment, leading to the development of value-based convictions.
3. To help students develop a degree of self-reliance and determination to respond with courage and sensitivity to personal and social issues.
4. To generate among students an awareness of women's issues, human rights and environmental issues, so that they understand and respond constructively to these.
5. To sensitise students to look at the world from the perspective of the less privileged and to respond with concern and in a humane manner.
6. In the context of globalisation, to foster in students a sense of national identity that is secular and multicultural, with respect and tolerance of all cultures and religions.
7. To encourage Christian students to develop their religious convictions in an atmosphere of respect for other faiths and for each individual's personal beliefs.